If you get League of Legends error 003 On your Windows 11 or Windows 10 gaming PC, this article aims to help you with the most appropriate solutions to fix the error. This error usually occurs when players launch the game client which then tries to install the latest patches.
When you encounter this problem, you receive the following complete error message;
Something is wrong with our servers and it is preventing you from applying the patches. We give it another chance. In the meantime, you can check the status of our servers here. (error code 003)
The investigation reveals that the most likely culprits for this error may be one or more of the following:
- Server issues
- damaged content
- Antivirus interference
- Internet problem
- Windows update pending
League of Legends Error Code 003 on Windows PC
if it was League of Legends error code 003 Happened on your Windows 11/10 gaming PC, you can try the recommended solutions below in no particular order to fix the problem on your system.
- Run Hextech Repair Tool
- Delete the contents of the versions folder
- Temporarily disable security software (firewall)
- Uninstall the VPN client or disable the proxy server (if applicable)
- Configure Google Public DNS
Let’s look at a description of the process involved with respect to each of the solutions listed.
Before proceeding with the solutions below, we suggest that you perform the following step and after each step check if the issue in question is resolved:
- Close the game client, restart your computer and check if the issue still occurs. Moreover, you can also restart your internet devices and install the latest firmware update on your router.
- Make sure League of Legends is running as an administrator.
- As suggested in the error prompt, check the status of the League of Legends server in status.riotgames.com To see if the website is down. If the server connection is listed as unavailable, there is nothing you can do on your end, but wait until the issue is resolved by Riot Games. On the other hand, if the server is connected to the internet but the problem persists, then you can troubleshoot network and internet connectivity issues on your device to fix any connection issue that might be the cause here.
- As mentioned earlier, a pending Windows update may be responsible for the current problem. You can check for updates and install all available bits on your gaming device and see if the error is fixed. On the other hand, if the error started after a recent Windows update, you can perform a system restore or uninstall the update.
1]Run Hextech Repair Tool
This possible solution to League of Legends error code 003 What happened on your Windows 11/10 gaming computer just requires you to download and then play a file Hextech Repair Tool on Your System for Solve all possible connection problems.
Once the tool is downloaded and installed, run it with administrative privileges and then follow the on-screen instructions to fix the LoL game. Then check if the problem is still there. If so, then move on to the next solution.
2]Delete the contents of the Versions folder
If the content of the game update is corrupt, then most likely you will encounter the error in progress. In this case, to fix the problem, you need to delete all the contents of the versions folder to get rid of the corrupted contents, and it will be reinstalled by the launcher.
Complete as follows:
- hurry Windows key + E. to open File Explorer.
- Go to the basic games file.
- Navigate to the next location in the main folder.
Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\league_client\releases\0.0.0.151 (or the highest number in the folder)
- In the site, delete the versions file. Keep in mind that it may take some time to delete the contents of this file.
for note: If you delete all the files, you risk deleting the entire game. If you delete only the versions file, only the latest patch will be deleted and your computer will download it again.
If the issue in highlighting is not resolved, try the next solution.
3]Temporarily disable security software (firewall)
In some cases, your firewall may prevent you from connecting to League of Legends game servers. In this case, to exclude this possibility, you can disable the Windows Firewall; If you are using a custom third-party firewall, see the instruction manual. Once the firewall is disabled, check if the error is fixed.
If disabling your firewall solves the problem, you can configure Windows Firewall to add LoL to the exceptions list. You can refer to the third-party firewall manual for the firewall to work while playing the game.
4]Uninstall the VPN client or disable the proxy server (if applicable)
The VPN / GPN server or proxy server can trigger this error due to some kind of interference that blocks connections between your Windows 11/10 client computer and LoL game server. In this case, you can try to uninstall your VPN software, reset proxy settings, or disable/remove any proxy server from your computer as appropriate. However, if it is already disabled or if none of the services are configured, it may be worth trying to connect via VPN to see if the connection issue will be resolved.
5]Configure Google Public DNS
This solution simply requires configuring Google Public DNS on your gaming device. Once this is done, clear the DNS then restart your computer and launch the game again. The issue in question should now be fixed. Alternatively, you can contact LoL support at support-leagueoflegends.riotgames.com/hc/en-us For additional help.
I hope this post helps you!
How to fix error 004?
Affected PC players can fix League of Legends error code 004 on Windows 11/10 by trying the following suggestions:
- Run LoL game as administrator
- Free up disk space
- Temporarily disable your antivirus.
- Delete the configuration files.
- Set Google DNS
- Use Hextech Repair Tool
- Reinstall League of Legends
How do I fix my League of Legends game?
Depending on the error, you can repair League of Legends using League of Legends repair tool to repair your game files. Follow these steps:
- Open the League of Legends launcher.
- Click the gear button to open the settings menu.
- click it fix button. The repair process will take about 30-60 minutes.
good game !