two months from Summer HolidayThe counter started. Where are we going to spend our annual vacation? While some French are particularly efficient and have already planned for the summer since January, others are playing the latecomer card. In fact, many are those who wait until the last moment to decide. Haven’t yet chosen your vacation spot, the destination where you can lay your towel down to relax all summer (or at least three weeks)? Some should be avoided!
Yes, even if we like them, there are cities that are better to visit in the off-season, especially if you want to get away from it all and not meet your neighbors or colleagues on the beach.
What destinations should you avoid?
Opodo rated 10 most popular destinations this summer. Therefore, these places should entice the French so much that they will go there in droves. Want a surprising, quiet vacation, away from the crowds? Avoid them!
“37% of bookings are made for one to two weeks, followed by 21% for two to three weeks and 20% of lucky people allow themselves for more than three weeks.”Opodo details in a press release.
The most popular destinations in summer 2022
Some European destinations make French hearts beat faster. To guide you in your Book your holiday Summer, here are the destinations you should forget, if you don’t want to be invaded by the crowd.
central mediterranean archipelago, Malta, is appreciated for its more than pleasant climate. Tourists flock there since the beginning of July. Its historical heritage and gastronomy make it The place to be. If you like this island, then wait for the onset of autumn or the return of spring.
Do you want to paste de nata? We understand you! However, we do not recommend going to harbor this summer. If Portugal’s second largest city tempts us with its history (it blends old town with modern convenience), it’d be best to wait until the end of summer to put your bag there. First of all, because it is very hot during a period Summer season. Then, because the historic center is erected on the hills overlooking the Douro, it attracts a lot of people in July and August.
The Corsica It remains one of the most popular summer destinations. The island of beauty has everything to please: it is accessible, French is spoken there, the landscape is amazing and the sea water is very pleasant. There are many reasons why tourists flock to Ajaccio. Avoid, if you don’t like crowds.
A second city appears in Portugal in this arrangement, which is none other than Lisbon, Capital. If you want to listen to Fado this summer, go Algarve to Sagrès. You’ll enjoy Portuguese life while you’re at peace (and at the water’s edge, it’s a lot of fun too!).
Figari, just like Ajaccio, attracts a lot of people once the sun reaches its zenith. So, of course, the Isle of Beauty makes us want it, but from going to the island you can also pick one where you can lay your towel on the beach.
The Acropolis, you dream about it, however, you are not likely to see it during the summer. Otherwise, you will have to support thousands of tourists who will go there at the same time as you. Keep the holidays Athena For the low season, from September, you can discover the city in the best conditions.
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
It’s not Ibiza (although this island would have its place in that ranking), but Palma de Mallorca Which is ranked seventh in Opodo’s ranking of The most popular destinations this summer. You will have understood it, if you dreamed of ” Marine sex and the sun“This is where you need to go. If you are looking for calm and nature, then go your way.
In the end, Corsica is not the ideal destination for a lazy summer. We will warn you!
across the Atlantic, Montreal again in order. This year, several people booked to discover this Canadian city during the summer. Don’t want to eat poutine next to the French tourists in the restaurant? Go on your way.
Finally, Opodo’s order ends with Marrakesh. The former imperial city in western Morocco attracts crowds. This summer, forget Riyadh, unless the world likes you.
- Vacations in France: the most beautiful villages to visit this summer For our summer vacation of 2021, we dream of tranquility and nature. Head to the most beautiful French villages!
- Vacations In France: 12 Most Beautiful Basque Towns To Visit This Summer For an exotic vacation without leaving France, head to the Basque Country!
- Vacations in Italy: 12 amazing cities worth visiting to really live Dolce Vita! Don’t know where to go this summer? We give you a little help in these cities to completely visit in Italy!
- Holidays in France: the 12 most beautiful cities by the sea to visit this summer This summer, no doubt about going anywhere but by the sea? These cities are then determined by the sea for you.
- According to science, you shouldn’t travel by the window on an airplane. Are you the type who prefers the view, rather than the ease of access when traveling? Well, that’s why next time, you’ll take your place on the driveway side.
- Here are the cheapest destinations to go in August As the sun approaches our days, our desire to get away from it all is becoming more and more present. But you always try to save money. So these are the cheapest destinations in August.
- Summer vacation: a €200 bonus for leaving this summer? Here’s How To Qualify To Go On Vacation The Vacaf Bonus helps many families every summer. Find out how to take advantage of this Café machine.
- Summer Vacation: Here are the most dangerous places in the world that you should absolutely avoid (better to go somewhere else) Going on vacation is good, and visiting places where you don’t risk anything is better. Here are the most dangerous places in the world that you should absolutely avoid.