Contributions are open between 9am and 9pm for this live stream.
- On Thursday, May 26, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky accused Russia of committing “genocide”. in Donbass in the east of the country. Russia’s practices “Put off” And the “Mass Killing of Civilians” In the Donbass, Mr. Zelensky claimed in his daily television address. ” all of this (…) It is a clear genocidal policy carried out by Russia.”charged.
- Sievierodonetsk or the shadow of Mariupol. Sievierodonetsk industrial city is located in the western part of the Luhansk region, it is almost besieged by the Russian army. And the city is “just destroy”And the Sarhi Haidai, the governor of the province, wrote on a telegram. The Russian military was accused of bombing the city with multiple rocket launchers and inaccurate and destructive weapons. According to him, the bombs are also aimed at the Azot plant, where civilians have taken refuge, in a situation reminiscent of the siege of Mariupol. The governor believes that the Luhansk region is already under control “more than 90%” by the Russians.
- At Davos, Ukraine is calling for more heavy weapons. Its foreign minister insisted in Davos, Wednesday, in Davos, that Kyiv urgently needs mobile units capable of sending several missiles simultaneously, to have equal weapons against the firepower of Russia. “The battle for Donbass is very similar to the battles of World War II”Dmytro Koleba said. make it clear “Some villages and towns no longer exist” In this region of Ukraine, which has been subjected to heavy bombardment in recent days.
- Moscow facilitates the granting of Russian passports to residents of southern Ukraine. Russia will allow residents of the Zaporizhia and Kherson regions in southern Ukraine to apply for Russian passports through it simplified procedureAccording to a republican decree issued on Wednesday. “This simplified system will make it clear to everyone that Russia is not here for a long time, but forever”Kirillo Strimosov, the Moscow-appointed Kherson region official, responded.
- The relevant presidential decree also applies to residents of the breakaway territories of Luhansk and Donetsk, whose armies participate with Moscow in the fight against Ukraine. Hundreds of thousands of residents of these breakaway regions have already obtained Russian passports.
- The United States has condemned the attempt to “subjugate” the population now under his control. This plan “A Russian tactic to subdue the Ukrainian people to impose their will by force”State Department spokesman Ned Price said at a press conference, adding that the United States “You will strongly refuse” Like this project.
- The United States decided to end, starting Wednesday, to an exemption allowing Moscow to pay off its dollar debt. The decision could cause Russia, which has dozens of payments to be met by the end of the year, into default.
- The cost of damage to the Ukrainian infrastructure will be for “90 billion to 100 billion dollars”According to Alexander Kobrakov, Minister of Infrastructure of Ukraine. At the Davos Forum, the Swiss President, Ignacio Cassis, announced that his country will organize on July 4-5, “Ukrainian Reconstruction Conference”which should specifically address the issue of pledged and future contributions from the World Bank, the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and the European Union (EU).
- Ukrainian war-wounded receiving treatment in France. Kyiv thanked France for hosting it “Ukrainian war wounded in its hospitals, especially in army hospitals”.According to a press release published on Wednesday evening by the French Armed Forces Ministry. The French minister’s office told AFP that the first two Ukrainian soldiers were received at the Bercy Military Hospital in the Paris region.
Find our lives from yesterday here.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
decoding. War in Ukraine: On Both Sides, Unsustainable Casualty Rate
Reportage. North Kyiv, a giant “crime scene” for gendarmes experts
painting. Sauli Niinistö, a president loved by the Finns, and respected by Vladimir Putin
Maintenance work. One could describe the diplomacy of the Holy See as ‘humane pastoral care’.
Reportage. War in Ukraine: In Novi Zalcia, “double punishment” for former Chernobyl IDPs
video. Sievierodonetsk, the new Mariupol?
decoding. Joint hostility, an act of war or collective self-defense?
The media. Ukrainian Wartime Humor in Honor of Charlie Hebdo
video. Kharkiv metro resumes service after accommodating civilians