These are the days of big hard drives and we rarely encounter a situation where one is running out of disk space. However, if you think that you are running out of disk space on your Windows computer, you should free up and increase disk space before your system starts experiencing problems or getting Low disk space notificationsYou may need to consider options to quickly free up disk space.
Free up and increase disk space in Windows 11/10
Here are some of the steps you can follow to recover lost disk space in Windows 10:
- Run Disk Cleanup
- uninstall programs
- Use trash cleaner for more options
- disable hibernation
- Compress files that you don’t use often
- Delete old files.
1. Run Disk Cleanup Utility
Run the Disk Cleanup utility. Type Disk Cleanup into the Start menu or Start screen and press Enter to display it. Execute – execute. You can also consider the additional options it offers. You can also enable the enhanced version of Disk Cleanup tool or have it delete even temporary files that are 7 days old.. You can also free up additional disk space by deleting all but the most recent system restore points using the Disk Cleanup utility.
2. Uninstall programs
Uninstall programs that you do not use through Control Panel. Windows users may also want to uninstall Windows Store apps that they don’t use. In Windows 8.1, open Charms > PC Settings > PC & Devices? disk space. Here you will get an idea of the disk space each application takes up.
3. Use garbage cleaner for more options
Download and install a good free junk cleaner like CCleaner or use our portable Quick Clean. These are good and safe utilities that will help you to delete unwanted files in just a few clicks.
4. Disable hibernation
Disable hibernation and delete a file Heberville.the system issueAnd the If the space issue is significant on the system drive. It is a hidden file in the root directory of the system drive. Open Control Panel. Type Hibernate in the search bar. Select Enable/Disable Hibernate.
5. Compress files that you don’t use often
You may want to compress some files. One option that many don’t consider is Windows’ ability to compress files and folders. Most of them feel that after zipping, re-accessing files and data is slow and takes time to open those zip files. I invite you to try it out. You will find that the time difference is almost imperceptible. But you will be able to reclaim a lot of disk space in this way. Note, however, that the Windows or Program Files folder should not be compressed using this method.
If you have data files or images, etc., which you can’t access frequently, consider compressing them with zip formats. Also consider moving it to another drive or an external backup.
6. Delete old files
If you recently installed a feature upgrade and file storage, you can reclaim disk space by deleting unwanted backups or old files.
I don’t recommend the following to save disk space:
1. I do not suggest deleting prefetch files. Every time you clean Prefetch folderIt delays the loading times of apps the next time you launch them. Only after the second time do you find the optimal application load times. One Advance Fetch File It was created by the application. windows Cleaning This folder contains 128 entries, up to the 32 most used applications previous download Files. This folder does not occupy more than about 50 MB. clean up loader So it can actually be interpreted as a temporary measure of non-self-improvement!
2. Log files They may be required during uninstallation, and if they are not found, the process of uninstalling the application may fail. So don’t delete it.
3. You never know when you need Bread Files. Good reason not to delete it.
4. inch.dB Files Help you load thumbnails faster, and recreate them anyway; Unless of course you disable thumbnail caching. To stop thumbnail caching instead, instead of deleting them occasionally.
5. Also, don’t think about deleting anything from the WinSXS folder or the Windows Installer folder. They system folders which play an important role.
6. No crash system repair To save disk space. You never know when it could save your life!
7. Check out this article if you feel the need to free up disk space by deleting system images and previous backups.
8. in Windows 11/10You can also delete files and clean the hard drive through the settings.
If you need to know what is taking up your disk space, you can use free software like Disk Space Fan. You will be able to see which file or folder is taking up space.
The Disk fingerprint tool In Windows 11/10/8.1 it will allow you to perform many tasks related to disk space usage. You can use it to take screenshots, summaries and analyze disk usage, AnonymityCompare growth over time with the Disk Growth Study and more.