Every Sunday, the editorial staff invites you to discover the key video game news of the week. Here is a summary of what you should not miss from 07/08 to 14/08.
Haven’t been able to catch up on this week’s video game news, but want to know what information you shouldn’t miss?
Stop moving, you’ve come to the right place! JVL invites you to discover the news that has achieved the most success in the world of your favorite consoles and games in recent days, here are the essentials for the week from 08/07 to 08/14:
- MultiVersus Unveils Season 1: New Character, Skin and Game Mode (Mon. 08/08)
Taking advantage of EVO 2022, Multiversus has provided an initial look at the first season although there is no release date for it yet.
- God of War: Halo, DOOM, Freya in a swimsuit… These mods do the trick (Tuesday 09/08)
Have you dreamed of seeing Mr. President beating Domge in front of Freya in a bathing suit? no? Well, it is possible!
- Sony is willing to do anything to destroy Game Pass, even to push the studios (Thursday 11/08)
Official documents reveal that Sony fears Microsoft and its Game Pass to the point of putting a speaker in its wheels with a lot of money.
- Forspoken becomes the laughing stock of the web because of a trailer (Thursday 11/08)
Forspoken recently shared a short ad on Twitter and instead of making noise, it caused a real tidal wave of gags.
- The Last of Us Part 1: New Emotional Pictures Leaked (Mon 08/08)
The remake of The Last of Us unofficially shows itself once again through one of the game’s most exciting series.
- PT celebrates its eighth birthday and Guillermo del Toro takes the opportunity to insult Konami (Saturday 13/08)
Already 8 years since the PT pointed to the tip of his nose he has a demo that still represents spirits today. Designed to cheer the Silent Hill project in the hands of Hideo Kojima’s enthusiastic hands, before he faces a disastrous fate. But he talks about him again today bitterly.
- PS Plus Extra and Premium: August 2022 games revealed (Wednesday 10/08)
After the PS Plus Essential games, it’s the turn of the reserved list to know the catalogs of Extra and Premium equivalents.
- Elden Ring: FromSoftware publishes patch 1.06 (Tuesday 09/08)
FromSoftware released in February 2022 got an update today which brings some fixes and also comes with some improvements.
- One Piece in Red: “Fan” preview of Havoc and Going Too Far (Wednesday 8/10)
Despite the success of One Piece Red, it was especially distinguished by the toxic behavior of a part of its fans who spoil the projections and go so far as to attack those who worked on the film.
- Unity surprises us with its amazing art show on PS5 (Saturday 13/08)
Unreal Engine is definitely one of the most popular and widely used engine. However, there are many others out there who would like to get the most out of the game, and this is the case of the Unity Engine, which puts us in full view here with its tech demo running on PS5.
- Sony vs Microsoft: It’s war, Game Pass and Call of Duty on the front line (Thursday 11/08)
While Microsoft seeks to validate its purchase of Activision, Sony is determined to get in on it, but the company’s green counterattacks. Between the two opponents, the cloth burns.
- eFootball 2023 is coming this month (August 2022) according to Konami (Friday 8/12)
After a turbulent first year, full of teasers and version 1.0 that was slow to come out, it seems Konami is ready to roll out the next update that should officially launch eFootball 2023 and thus mark the end of eFootball 2022.
- PS4: A hallucinogenic sales, but it doesn’t beat the PS2 (Wed 10/08)
Sony is no longer counting its PS4 sales, and thus is evaluating a nearly 9-year run for its console.
- Marvel’s Midnight Suns is canceling its release until further notice (Tuesday 09/08)
Thunderbolt at Firaxis and 2K who just announced very bad news for fans of Marvel games.
- Finally, Hogwarts Legacy has set its release date, but… (Friday 8/12)
It kept getting suspenseful, but now the game rooted in the Harry Potter universe finally has its history. And it won’t just make people happy…
Feel free to respond to this weekly top in the comments!